Sales Account Manager – Sydney, Australia
About the role
This is a key role in the business that focuses on business development, customer engagement, account management, product sales and the effective processing of orders.
Working in a small team of 6 with and a flat team structure, this position is key to the success of sales growth, customer retention and operational success. Reporting to the founder, owner and Director, you will be the key contact for the company’s seafood wholesale suppliers and wholesale customers with a focus on servicing existing customers, providing options and solutions for seafood sales and developing new business opportunities in Australasia. With scope to grow into this role, there will be opportunity to build new business with both existing and new customers. The role will be a combination of working in the Lane Cove office and working from home.
- Build and maintain alliances, networks and partnerships with existing suppliers regarding, pricing, supply and shipping.
- Provide advice and information on products to existing and new customers to increase potential sales.
- Actively explore new business opportunities and convert leads into new business.
- Negotiate pricing from suppliers and ensure product mark-up margins are in line with agreed targets.
- Manage supplier and customer contracts and ensure sales and operations are within contract terms.
- Build and maintain business relationships with customers by providing prompt and accurate service and accurate quotations.
- Understand the customer’s business and offer customers new seafood products from existing and new suppliers.
- Produce product specifications to the customers satisfaction with information received from suppliers and or producers.
- Work with the Directors to develop and implement sales initiatives and manage mutual expectations.
- Ensure orders are processed efficiently and accurately and payment is received as per terms of sale.
Benefits and perks
In return, the business offers you:
- Phone & laptop
- Competitive base salary
- Option to salary package
- Autonomy to work from home
- Opportunity to travel interstate and internationally to attend trade fairs and foster both customer and supplier relationships.
Skills and experience
You will have:
- Experience of working in an international shipping, wholesale and/or distribution business.
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer management/business development role.
- An understanding of food standard requirements for different markets.
- Great communication skills and the ability to build rapport with existing and new customers.
- The ability to read, write and speak in a second language highly desirable, e.g. Cantonese or Mandarin
- Excellent customer service and the ability to provide sales solutions to customer queries.
- Worked in a small business and understand the need to work together in a small team to be successful.
- A knowledge of HACCP and other regulatory guidelines will be an advantage.